Times change and another chapter is added to the history book
Innovation is matched by changes and memories bring the past back to life.
During its 80-year history, the Gardena has always focused on the importance of the traditional values of hospitality, while keeping pace with if not revolutionising the times: from the pioneering insight of its founder to the courageous reconstruction in 2001, our main objective has been and continues to be the well-being of our guests.
Real tradition is constantly changing: and there's no better proof than the Gardena!
A little bit of history
The history of the Gardena began in 1923, when Antonio and Anna Demetz, the grandparents of the hotel's present owner Hugo Bernardi, bought a private home and converted it into a hotel. Constant expansions and improvements made the Gardena one of the valley's leading establishments. In 1988, under the guidance of Annamaria Demetz Bernardi, the Gardena Hotel received a four-star rating. In 2000 her son Hugo, and his wife Cinzia, became the hotel's new owners. In the spring of 2001 the existing building was demolished and completely rebuilt in the record time of 9 months.
The Gardena received its current five-star rating in December 2003.
In the autumn of 2004, the Gardena became a member of the prestigious international chain of Relais & Châteaux.